UNA Jyväskylä aims to take the environment and social justice into consideration in all aspects of its activity. The actions of the association are continuously adapted to match its environmental objectives with a focus on continuous improvement.
The main objective of the association is to communicate on issues related to sustainable development. In its own activities, UNA Jyväskylä strives to minimize its environmental output and promote social justice. This is done through setting goals, monitoring the fulfillment of these goals as well as setting new goals when needed in order to comprehensively improve the environmentally friendly function of the association. Each board member of UNA Jyväskylä is responsible for the accomplishment of the objectives. The environmental coordinator coordinates, evaluates and monitors the objectives in practice.
The specific goals for the year 2022 are:
- To serve 100% vegetarian food, of which at least half is vegan. Favoring local food and organic products.
- To recycle 100% of the waste produced in the events of UNA Jyväskylä properly.
- To avoid consuming plastic as much as possible. We encourage the board members to avoid buying plastic shopping bags and instead favor reusable bags for fruits and vegetables and choose the least packaged product available.
- To avoid using disposable plates and cups and to use the association’s plastic dishes.
- To avoid printing.
- To encourage the board members to make more environmentally friendly choices in their everyday life.
- Favouring trains in travel expense reimbursements.
- Participating in the meetings of the Subcommittee for Environmental Affairs of the Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä.
- Calculating UNA Jyväskylä’s carbon dioxide emissions during 2022.
UNA Jyväskylä participates annually in the environmental contest organized by the Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä.
If you want to take part in UNA Jyväskylä’s action and the aspect of sustainable development in specific, do not hesitate to contact our environmental coordinator!